Dateline: Albany, OR post at: 12:01 am by: Jim Willhight
Two moisture packing storms are stacked up to hit western Oregon Sunday and Monday. We are projecting* 3.04 inches of new rainfall by 11:59 pm Tuesday at South Albany .
Saturday. Light rain on and off (showers) with total daily accumulation projected to be 0.17 inches. The winds arrive Saturday evening around 7 o'clock shifting to the South at 13 MPH with gusts to 18. The heavy rain will follow arriving around 10 pm. Saturday's projected total: 0.17 inches
Sunday: Heavy rains overnight until just before church at 10 am. From 4 am to 10 am the forecast calls for 1/4 inch rainfall followed by moderate rains for the balance of the day. Sundays forecast: 0.52 inches.
Monday: Moderate rains overnight until heavy rains start at 4 am and continue all day. Southerly winds 17 MPH gusting to 31 MPH. Peak winds forecast at 2 pm corresponding to the high temperature (51 degrees) of the day as the front moves through. The peak rainfall is projected to be from 10 am - 4 pm where 1/3 of an inch is expected over the six hour period. The daily rainfall forecast: 1 2/3 inches (1.68 inches).
WEATHER BLOG INDEX
Updated: 12/18/2015 by: Jim Willhight
- Local Flood Information Update & Amazing Rain Totals (12/18/2015)
- 24 Hours: 3.1 Inches of Rain (12/17/2015)
- Heavy Rain Continues, Wind & Flood Advisory (12/17/2015)
- More Rain and Minor Flooding (12/16/2015)
- How Hard Did it Rain (12/15)/2015)
- December First Half Rain Summary (12/14/2015)
- One Down, Two to Go- Albany Storm and Flooding Summary (12/8/2015)
- Big Storm Here, Two More on the Way (12/7/2015)
* Based on NWS Point Forecast for Albany, OR ( 44.64°N 123.09°W) utilizing Point Forecast Hourly Weather Forecast Graph and Table web site function. Based on NWS forecast from Portland, OR office at 6:50 pm PST on December 18, 2015.