In The Shadow Of The Moon
Albany Helping Hands is in the Path of the moon's shadow and will experience a rare total Eclipse of the sun. We will be in the path of totality, the sun totally blocked by the moon for 1 minute 50.9 seconds.
The partial eclipse in Albany, Oregon starts five seconds after 9:05 am on Monday, August 21, 2017. The moon will increasingly block the sun until it covers the sun entirely (start of Total Eclipse) at 10:17:06.2 AM.
The times vary for other communities. Please Check our Total Eclipse web page for local eclipse time tables, length of the total darkness, percent obscured, Magnitude, Azimuth and Altitude of Sun, Maps of the total eclipse (US, Oregon and Linn County), weather forecasts from five sources, links to media coverage and links to online resources about the event.
Weather Forecast for Eclipse Morning
Clear or cloudy in Albany? That is the big question. Here is the forecast from the Portland office of the National Weather Service for 10 AM, August 21, 2017:
Mostly Sunny, 65 degrees, Winds NNW to 6 MPG, chance of clear sky 72%, Chance of rain during eclipse 2%. More information here.
- Latest Service Update: The July statistics s are in and our twelve month (rolling total) meal count again surpasses 83,200, continuing the upward trend since January .
Also trending up, the need for housing, as our housing census (annual bed nights) totals top 33,000. You can find a new graph paralleling for comparison the meal and census data.Find this month to month information at Meal Count & Housing Census.
- June Newsletter plus archives of previous newsletters back to 2015.
Thank you Bridge of Hope Sponsors
- Valuable Coupons. Save 25%. Click coupon to right to save $5.00 on a $20.00 purchase at our Thrift Store or Save $4.00 on our one of our plump and tasty Pasture Raised Chickens.
- Recognition: Marilee Sapp is the annual winner of the "Spirit of Pastor Bailey" award presentation at the spring Bridge of Hope Dinner auction to the shelter's Volunteer of the year.
Please check out local newspaper reporter Jennifer Moody's front page article in the Albany Democrat Herald (April 27, 2017 edition).
Please Get Involved
- Donate to Jason's Tractor Fund
- Volunteer at Helping Hands
- Making a contribution
- Firewood and downed tree donations
- Household Item donations
- Vehicle, Boat & Trailer donations
Items of interest
- Radio Interviews: New: Valley Talk radio interview with Wayne Oakes, John Donovan and Jim Willhight; plus archives of interviews with AHH staff on KGAL's local talk show.
- Newspaper Stories: Albany Democrat Herald news articles featuring Albany Helping Hands guests, volunteers and staff
- Picture Gallery: Christmas Trees, Shelter, Food Share, Oregon Army National Guard, Farm, Keep Warm Woodlot and various events.
- Replacement of Bed Frames
About Albany Helping Hands
We Sincerely Thank You
If you have donated or helped, thank you for your caring and generosity.
Nineteen years of generous donations have been transformed into blessings for those in need, impacting lives daily.
We thank the caring individuals, churches, organizations and businesses who have contributed. Your generosity is greatly appreciated.
Your new donations are welcome and are critically needed for us to continue our ongoing ministry.
Please contribute online with a secure one time credit or debit charge to your MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express.