Albany Helping Hands is an eighteen year old independent faith-based 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization supported primarily by contributions of individuals, businesses, churches, nonprofit organizations and funds from store and farm operations.
The Albany non-denominational ministry operates a Homeless Shelter, a three meal a day kitchen, the Helping Hands Thrift Store, Farm, Keep Warm Wood Lot, U-Haul Dealership and Pasture Raised Chicken Farm. Seasonally we operate Christmas Tree Lots and operate our Warming or Cooling Centers.
The Emergency Shelter and Kitchen are located at a two building facility in Albany, Oregon at 619 Ninth Avenue SE.
Shelter guests are provided phone access and now Computer and Internet access for utilization in guest education, job training, job and housing searches, and email. Medical and mental health referrals are also provided by trained staff.
Meals are available to all, not just registered shelter guests or those utilizing the warming center with service starting at 7:00 am, 12:00 pm and 5:00 pm.
In times of extreme cold or hot weather we operate a cooling center and warming center.
We provide guests soap and other toiletries, clothing, bedding, laundry services and furniture for in-need families in our local area.
Albany Helping Hands operates a LAN (Local Area Network) with used for education, training job searches and in the GED Completion Program offered to the community by Albany Helping Hands.
- Albany Helping Hands provides 24 hour/7 days per week emergency shelter and services for up to 110 homeless people every day of the year.
- We provide more than 80,000 meals to homeless and low income people every year. Breakfast at 7:00 am, Lunch at noon at Dinner at 5:00 pm, hot meals three times a day. Everyone is welcome for a meal, even those not registered with the shelter.
- We deliver support services to an average of 400 residents each year as they seek to move toward transitional and independent homes.
- We also provide pre-job and on the job training and employment for shelter guests operating a Thrift Store, Garden Farm & Market, Pasture Feed Chicken Farm, Keep Warm Wood Lot, U-Haul Dealership, Vehicle Resale and Estate Cleanup units.
- Helping Hands also offers GED Training at the new GED Training Classroom.
- Other services include housing searches, transitional jobs programs, mental health referrals, substance abuse and anger management counseling.
- AHH also provides clothing, household needs, furniture and more for those in need in our community.